Friday, September 25, 2009

Reno Back to Florida in a Lambada

Bob and I shared some airtime as he grew familiar with the Samba. There was generally a lot of wind, but the last day dawned clear and calm, perfect for polishing landings at Minden.


During the windy days, lenticulars were evident everyday. John Dunham and I have taken a Lambada from 9000msl to 15000msl in the Tahoe Wave (engine off, of course).

This is Steve Lance's primo hangar, my home away from home while in Carson City. The apartment is in the loft above his beautiful Tahoe Special.


Many of the hangars in Carson are stuffed with toys!



Then it was time to fly home to Florida in Lambada N109UA. Bob flew with me as I departed, and we had a little photo session.





After Bob bid me farewell, he wanged it back to Carson, leaving me to negotiate the desert, mountains, and fantastic terrain of Nevada.


Looking past Pilot Peak towards Boundary Peak, the northern mountain of the Owens Valley.



Passing Durango Colorado, this marvelous sight greeted me.


Another shining Lambada wing against the clouds photo.


I landed in Jonesboro, LA to stretch my legs, and revisit my home airport where I soloed in a Cessna 150 40 years ago.
Then it was on to Panama City Florida to spend the night with my parents, before making the final 3 hour leg to Melbourne.
Another fantastic distance flight in the Lambada. Now for some soaring!

No comments: